1. The Beginning (The Word of Life) - John 1:1-18
John's Symphony Begins
The great symphony of John's Gospel begins here!
John's Gospel for Today
These talks were first given at CORNERSTONE 2010 (The All Souls Church, Langham Place Week Away) held in Bath in August 2010.
These talks sought to give a sense of the whole of John's gospel by taking his Prologue (John 1:1-18) and his Gospel Summary Statement (John 20:30-31) as bookends - and then seeing how they get worked out in the course of the book's big themes.
1. The Beginning: THE WORD OF LIFE (John 1:1-18 - The Prologue)
2. The Revelation: SIGNS OF GOD (John 8:31-59 - Before Abraham... )
3. The Gospel: LOVE FOR THE UNLOVELY (John 3:1-21 - The Religious Teacher Learns A Lesson)
4. The Battle: LIGHT vs DARKNESS (John 9 - A Blind Man Sees Again)
5. The Family: LIFE ON THE VINE (John 13:1-17 - A Community of Love)
6. ALL-AGE TALK - The Privilege: BELIEVE & LIVE! (John 20:24-31 - The Doubter Confesses)
Seminar: CAN WE TRUST JOHN'S GOSPEL?
NB Sound quality is variable - especially on Talk 3 and the All-Age Talk (no 6) - otherwise all should be fine.
Ways To Listen To This Podcast
1) Use your own podcast software
Add the URL below to your podcast software:
3) Use our Podcast Player (requires Flash)
Select an episode from the drop down menu below and the podcast will autoplay. Press the circular button to stop.
You need to download the flash player from Adobe.
Note: if no player is visible you will need to install the Flash Player